UMA Precision Machining has an immediate opening for an experienced CNC Swiss Machinist on our 1st shift and offer a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package. Compensation DOQ. Apply today for an opportunity to join our team.
At UMA we are a focused custom precision machining company that utilizes advanced technology to make precision parts, primarily for the medical industry. Our focus is on quality, assuring consistent performance for the most demanding applications. Our customer focused culture drives our high-end service level with unsurpassed project turnaround time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting up and operating Swiss Machines; maintaining quality and safety standards, keeping records and maintaining equipment.
- Plans machining by reviewing work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, material specifications, machining parameters and interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Maintain specification by monitoring, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, replacing worn tools and adhering to quality assurance processes and procedures.
- Maintain safe operation by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventative maintenance per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Complete documentation per requirements.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplish Organization goals by accepting ownership for exploring opportunities to add value to company goals and personal accomplishments.
Education and Experience:
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Two-year Machine Technology Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years CNC Swiss Machinist experience required.
- Computer Skills including Solid Works, Mastercam and Partmaker a plus.
- Conceptual skills, process improvement, verbal and written communication, functional and technical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Tooling knowledge.
More Information Here…