Swiss Machinist / Programmer
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing company located north west of the Twin Cities. UMA Precision Machining has an immediate Full Time position for an experienced Swiss CNC Lead Machinist/ Programmer.
The selected candidate will have extensive knowledge in Swiss CNC equipment and will be the lead in the department at our company. This position will be responsible to oversee this department, program and setup the equipment, and train new employees. Excellent Pay, Vacation Time and Benefits. Hiring Bonus also available!
Experienced Swiss CNC Machinist with programming background to design and implement machining processes while supervising department personal. Program and debug Swiss CNC machines running various machine controllers at the equipment and/or with off-line programming software. Design, build and procure necessary fixtures and tooling to complete machining process. Collaborate on first piece inspection. Communicate with co-workers regarding technical details and production runs. Train operators/co-workers regarding processes. Maintain safe, organized and clean work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise Swiss CNC machining operations
- Development of programs for new products or prototypes.
- Design and debug Swiss CNC programs to produce parts to print and meet production standards
- Ability to reduce setup time and machining through process improvements
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling
- Designs necessary tooling and fixtures for the job
- Implement product processes and routings
- Produce product that meets the required dimensional accuracy and surface finish
- Utilizes and abides by ISO requirements and safety procedures
- Completes daily quality documentation such as shop folders and tags
- Ability to work independently
- Attends scheduled meetings and actively participates by providing meaningful input
- Flexible with time and schedule to assure availability to customer or company as circumstances warrant
- Positive and Strong work ethic
- High knowledge and understanding CNC/ Swiss Machining
- Experience with Partmaker and Solidworks is preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Competent at dimensional measuring and the use of precision measurement tools
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and other shop drawing aids at a high level
- Flexible and responsive with a strong teamwork orientation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn new skills and improve technical knowledge
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment to meet team expectations
- Commitment to quality and accuracy of work performed
- Demonstrate ability to effectively implement or respond to change
- Understanding and support of company policies and procedures
- Safety conscious behavior
- Excellent attendance
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org